Subject: Inquiry Regarding Legal Requirements for Electronic Receipts in Estonia
From: "Alicia Lehmkuhl" <[email-masked]>
To: "Info - RAM" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Simon Stoppenbrink" <[email-masked]>, "Oliver Wesener" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2025 10:59:08 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Sir or Madam,

We are a company specializing in Point of Sale (POS) systems. Currently,
we are developing our own feature for issuing electronic receipts. I am
reaching out to inquire about the current legal framework in Estonia
regarding electronic receipts.

As electronic receipts are currently the standard in Estonia, would it be
legally permissible to generate a non-fiscalized electronic receipt
through our software and offer it to customers as an informational
document? Or would such a receipt need to be labeled as a copy or
duplicate of the fiscalized electronic (or paper) receipt?

Alternatively, are there any specific legal requirements for the
electronic receipts generated by our software—such as a requirement for a
consecutive transaction counter instead of marking them as duplicates?

Furthermore, is it permitted in Estonia to issue both a paper receipt and
an electronic receipt for the same transaction? Or may the electronic
receipt issued by our software only be provided in place of the paper
receipt?

Thank you in advance for your assistance. We look forward to your
response.

Best regards,

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

 <https://www.scopevisio-retail.com/>

Alicia Lehmkuhl
Fiscal Consultant - Werkstudentin

 <mailto:[email-masked]>
[email-masked]
+49 5201 18047-0

 <https://www.instagram.com/scopevisio_retail/>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/scopevisio-retail-solutions/>
<https://www.xing.com/pages/acto-softgmbhinformationssysteme>
<https://www.kununu.com/de/acto-soft-informationssysteme2>

 <https://www.scopevisio-retail.com/> scopevisio-retail.com

Datenschutz-Pflichtinformation:
<https://www.scopevisio-retail.com/de/datenschutz-pflichtinformationen>
https://www.scopevisio-retail.com/de/datenschutz-pflichtinformationen
Scopevisio Retail Solutions GmbH * Brackweder Str. 51 * 33790 Halle
(Westf.) * Germany
Phone: +49 5201 180470 * E-Mail:  <mailto:[email-masked]>
[email-masked]
Sitz der Gesellschaft ist Halle (Westf.) * Amtsgericht Gütersloh * HRB
5242
Geschäftsführer: Christian Malachowski